[Return to Top]
When keeping track of thousands of documents, it is sensible to provide each document with a unique identifier. Often this appears as a barcode and is placed on the outside of the document or file so it is easily accessible. However, a regular computer cannot read the barcodes; therefore, a barcode scanner is needed to translate the code's formula so that it becomes a readable and traceable piece of data. If you are looking at utilising barcodes to provide unique identifiers for your documents, Proficiency Group P/L recommends:
- Denso BHT-1500
- Denso BHT-1400
Our portable scanning kit includes:
- Sigma Data Developed HP TRIM / CM Software App.
- Denso BHT1500 or BHT1400 Series handheld device with rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Denso USB data cradle for communications and device charging
- Access to our help desk support team.
The portable terminal is used in conjunction with HP TRIM/CM control barcodes to perform the following functions:
- Set Assignee - Scan a Location barcode, then scan multiple Records to move them to this Location.
- Set Retention Schedule - Scan a Schedule barcode, then scan multiple Records to attach this Schedule to them.
- Set Container - Scan a record barcode, then scan multiple records to change their container to the scanned record.
- Enclose In Container - Scan multiple Records to enclose them in their Container(s).
- Complete Action - Scan one or more Action barcodes to set them to 'completed'.
- Reassign Action - Scan an Action barcode, then a Location. The responsibility for the Action will be changed to the scanned Location.
- Complete Current Action - Scan a Record barcode. The Current Action in progress will then be set to 'completed'.
- Reassign Current Action - Scan a Record barcode, then a Location. The Current Action in progress for that Record will be changed to the scanned Location.
- Add to Records Work Tray - Scan multiple Records to add them to your Records Work Tray.
- Make Inactive - Scan multiple Records to change their Disposition to Inactive.
- Archive - Scan multiple Records to change their Disposition to Archived (Permanent).
- Destroy - Scan multiple Records to change their Disposition to Destroyed.
- Set Home - Scan a Location barcode, then scan multiple Records to set the new Home.
- Move To Home - Scan multiple Records to move them to their Home.
Have your own barcode scanner? Manage your barcoded records quickly and efficiently scanning into HP TRIM and Records Manager using our in-house developed software.